DCWIP PREFERENCE POLL SHOWS MOST DESIRED CANDIDATES IN
WARDS 2, 4, 7, 8 DURING COVID-19
WASHINGTON, DC, May 4, 2020 — A DC Women in Politics (DCWIP) online preference poll shows a majority support District of Columbia City Council candidates Brook Pinto (Ward 2), Janeese Lewis George (Ward 4), Veda Rasheed (Ward 7) and Yaida O. Ford (Ward 8).
Join DC Women in Politics
Please join or renew your membership to support the work of DC Women in Politics (DCWIP). We offer these membership types:
- Introductory Membership $5
- General Membership $25
- Maintain Group $50
- Organizing Team $100
- Pay by Check (print application and mail check)
- Make a one-time donation to DC Women in Politics
Membership are due annually, and the funds are used to organize and host the many events DC Women in Politics sponsors each year.
Thank you for your support!
DC Women in Politics, brings together a diverse group of women representing all wards of the city. Members include women who are interested in running for elected office, as well as those who are dedicated to promoting the election of women to public offices. The coalition's objectives are to:
• Enhance the skills and sharpen the techniques of women who are interested in running for public office.
• Galvanize the collective support of women throughout the District to increase the number of women elected to public office.
• Promote the issues of concern to women, especially those who are voiceless.
Lorraine Wilson commented on 2014 Conversation Results 2014-02-10 00:13:21 -0500Do you agree with this outcome? Do you disagree with this outcome?
DC Needs More Women in Political Office
We have been very successful! The DC Council now has a majority of women! And we have a female mayor.
But, we have to keep going. Please join us.